LocalCryptos, the former LocalEthereum has added support for up to four new African payment methods, to improve the efficiency of the platform for the African traders. The P2P platform has added support for Chipper Cash, Airtel Money, MTN Mobile Money, and EcoCash as payment methods.
The addition of the four mobile payment platforms will massively improve the trading experience of investors across the black continent. Nevertheless, the four mobile payment platforms joins the already existing Kenyan mobile payments platform, Mpesa. Cryptocurrency enthusiasts in Africa can now conveniently buy and sell Ethereum and Bitcoin using the most popular payment methods on the continent.
Moreover, during an interview back in 2019, LocalCrypto’s CEO Micheal Foster; noted that the platform is planning to expand its presence in the African continent. The addition of the four payment methods, is a sign of the better things to come soon. He added:
“In 2020, we’re especially focusing on growing our African communities. We’re very interested in bringing LocalCryptos to new users in Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, and Zimbabwe. Africa is on the road to becoming a major blockchain hub, with many governments and communities embracing the technology, and we want to be a part of it.”
Indeed, mobile payments are so popular in Africa and it will only even get more popular. According to statistics from the World Bank, at least one out of every five adults, in eight African countries, is making a payment using mobile.In the East African region, where mobile money was invented, over 20 percent of the 8 economies in the region have a mobile money account. That is Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Gabon, Kenya, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zimbabwe.
African Payment Methods on LocalCryptos
In conclusion, there are five methods Africans can utilize to make their LocalCryptos experience convenient. These methods include:
- Mpesa– A convenient instant mobile money transfer method for Kenyans and people living in the East African region. It is very popular in Kenya.
- Chipper Cash– A cross-border remittance app available in six African countries. People in Ghana, Tanzania, Nigeria, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda; can access Chipper Cash.
- Airtel Money– This mobile money platform is available in Africa and Internationally. Works almost in the same way as Mpesa. It is reliable and convenient.
- MTN Mobile Money– This app and USSD based payment platform is available in Ghana and several other countries.
- EcoCash– This mobile payment platform is popular among Zimbabweans. It allows sending money using telephone numbers.